my life. my hopes. my dreams. my happiness

Monday, July 09, 2012

little steps


As of my previous post, I tried to be creative yet again inspiration is lacking in my system and as a result, procrastination looms even more. So just to kickstart, I attended a workshop in one of the LSS here, however after completing the project, I still feel the same.  I feel guilty every time I see my unopened die-cuts, stamps, embellishments, as well as untouched inking mediums only collecting dust.  
So to those scrappers out there having the same dilemma, browsing scrapbooking magazines could help--from where I found some good articles suggesting the following:
1. create a to-do list for your scrapbooking activity (a good start to prioritize and set an objective at least)
2. create your own small embellishments (ie. stamp & copic-colored figure as shown below)
3. have a card and/or gift to-do list which can be sorted by due date (cards are smaller compared to scrapbook layout and album, therefore this is the best way to start a project)
4. create journal storing sketches, words and more project ideas
5. challenge yourself like crafting through time-trial, product-based / techniques usage to create a stylish design
Hope this helps.


here's a sample birthday card
before





after
inside the card (as money pocket)
Supplies:
plain card/envelope, cardstock stickers (Doodlebug Design); letter sticker (Cosmo Cricket); heavyweight paper (Daler Rowney); colored markers (Copics); stamp (Hero Arts #CL381); party hat accents (K&Company); tape glue (American Crafts)



No comments:

Post a Comment